Ad 1

Thursday, January 15, 2015

Songs by Little Miss Cornshucks

Was listening to a documentary titled "The Lost Legacy of Little Miss Cornshucks" and was struck by her amazing voice (I like her voice as much as I like Marni Nixon's and Ella Fitzgerald's, etc). I absolutely love some of Little Miss Cornshucks' songs that were featured in the documentary. I'm both intrigued by her life story (and how someone with such a wonderful singing voice never became a famous singer).

Happy to find that her songs are available on youtube. Here's one of my favorites :
Title: Try a Little Tenderness (source: Youtube)
Do listen to it while enjoying a cup of coffee! :)




Another one of my favorite songs - "No Teasing Around"

4 comments:

  1. I will wait to listen until morning when I have a cup of coffee in my hands.
    --Coffee in Salt Lake City

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wanna compile a list of songs that go really well with...coffee, lol :D:D
    -- Coffee in Milan

    ReplyDelete
  3. I must say those are good songs to listen to while sipping a cup of coffee. On the weekends, before I get my day started, I like to listen to the 'chillout' channel at di.fm.
    -- Coffee in Salt Lake City

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's why they play those songs at Starbucks! :D:D good coffee in Milan btw, but even better coffee & variety in the US. In Milan, if you like black coffee you only have 2 choices - Americano or Espresso...and the portions are smaller. I can have 3 of Milan Americanos in a day!
    -- Coffee in Milan

    ReplyDelete