Ad 1

Saturday, December 6, 2014

Istanbul Kebab & Pizza, Queen Street, Auckland City (New Zealand)


"NO TOILET" at Istanbul Kebab & Pizza? *gulp*

(Yeah right... I'm sure there's a toilet somewhere in the shop. You just don't want me to use it! :( *sulk* that's so mean )
Anyway,... the temporary torture's worth it :)... for no where else in Auckland is there a kebab shop that sells "middle eastern" pizza 

Being a good cook, the woodfire pizzas are probably something that I can easily make at home, but I have a soft spot for good food presentation. The pizzas, baklava, falafel + other food items at Istanbul Kebab & Pizza are just too appealing that I couldn't resist the temptation to try them :)
The only item that I wouldn't try is the Turkish Delight candies, which have way too much carbs + sugar. Bad, bad, bad for your!

(Errm... since when did "Wedges, Sour Cream & Hot Chips" became dessert items?)
What I like most is the busy atmosphere of that little kebab shop on Queen St. You can go there anytime (it's open 24 hours) and the staff will still greet you with a cheerful smile
.
Even when you're waiting for your "pizza", there's enough entertainment to keep you amused.
The little kebab shop has its very own photo library!
While waiting for my pizza, I had to try hard not to giggle at the photo of a fat semi nude man sitting on a motorbike, wearing nothing else but a pair of sunglasses (see pic above)
(I didn't want to be seen as rude,...just in case it could be a pic of the shop owner, you see ;p lol. I was also worried that if I were to giggle, it'll increase my urge to urinate, which would have been disastrous since they claimed that there are no toilets in the shop)
The sight of woodfire oven is very comforting:)
(No Carbo meals?? You must be kidding! Falafil or falafel & Turkish bread have loads of carbo, my dear)
 While munching on the mayonnaise-free, MSG-free but oily middle eastern pizza upstairs I was entertained by the amusing sight of the staff giving each other a good massage. Ah... how caring!:)
I will go back to Istanbul Kebab & Pizza to try every single item on the menu...and after that I probably will never return again. The items are slightly overprices compared to other kebab shops, and the meat quality aren't half as good as Noora's Mediterranean Kitchen at SkyCity Metro (Noora's probably the most authentic middle eastern place in Auckland City)

Istanbul Kebab and Pizza
96 Queen Street, Auckland Central, Auckland City
Tel. (09) 337 0518

No comments:

Post a Comment